If you would like to order donuts, contact a volleyball player or Coach Hestermann (email@example.com) by May 14th.
After twenty practices, the junior high track team participated in their first meet of the season on April 15th. It was a long-awaited day, and things went very well for the thirty three athletes who are on the team. After not having a season last year due to COVID, it has taken awhile to learn about the different events. Even though there were some nerves, everyone was able to get to their events and competed very well. We had some athletes place in their individual events, as well as in some relays. Overall, the girls placed 4th and the boys 6th.
*Girls 4x2 Relay (2nd)- Madisyn Rosebaugh, Baileigh Vilda, Ashley Duis, & Kailyn Dendinger
* Girls 4x4 Relay (1st)- Myleigh Weers, Madisyn Rosebaugh, Mikalya Kreiger, Aiden McKinney
* Boys 4x4 Relay (1st)-Teghan Rosebaugh, Cooper Morgan, Brennan Schultis, Braydin Wendland
* Boys Shot- Braydin Wendland (4th) 32’ 9”
* Boys Long Jump- Teghan Rosebaugh (2nd) 16’ 7 ¾”
*Girls Long Jump- Aiden McKinney (3rd) 13’7”
* Boys Pole Vault- Cooper Morgan (4th) 6’
* Girls Pole Vault- Myleigh Weers (1st) 5’ 6”
* Boys High Jump- Cooper Morgan (5th) 4’ 6”
* Girls High Jump- Myleigh Weers (1st) 4’ 11”, Aiden McKinney (4th) 4’6”
* Girls 200 Meter Dash- Mikayla Krieger (4th) 31.86, Ashley Duis (6th) 32.81
*Boys 300 Meter Hurdles- Teghan Rosebaugh (1st) 48.8, Cooper Morgan (4th) 56.21
* Girls 300 Meter Hurdles- Myleigh Weers (2nd) 55.0, Madisyn Rosebaugh (5th) 59.06
Diller-Odell Public Schools has the following position open for the 2021-22 school year:
Due to an upcoming retirement and some position reassignments the position of elementary custodian will be available as of August 1, 2021. The position is for 40 hours a week year round. The focus of this position will be on cleaning, not maintenance.
For more information on pay and benefits, or to apply, contact Superintendent Michael Meyerle at P.O Box 188, Odell, NE 68415; (402) 766-4210; firstname.lastname@example.org
The High School Fitness Center has resumed normal hours for the public. The center may be used by the public during the school day. We ask that guests maintain distance from others as much as possible, and to clean all equipment that they use.
The 2nd grade class enjoyed a field trip to Morrill Hall in Lincoln and Homestead National Historical Park in Beatrice. We learned a lot about the past at both locations. The students really enjoyed the fossils, rocks and minerals, and the different animals at Morrill Hall. At Homestead the students enjoyed the video, Pioneer Relay Race, and the Skins and Skulls presentation. It was a terrific learning experience!